Security is very important to Farmers National Bank. Because your online and mobile banking passwords are used to access your accounts, you should treat them as you would any other sensitive personal data. You should carefully select a password that is hard to guess. Keep your password safe. Memorize your password and never tell it to anyone. You should not under any circumstances disclose your password by telephone or to anyone claiming to represent Farmers National Bank. Bank employees do not need and should not ask for your password.
You will be prompted to change your password every 90 days. This can also be done at any time once you are logged in, from the “Options” menu. Passwords must be 8 – 12 characters and a combination of numbers, letters and special characters containing at least 1 UPPER case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Your session time is unlimited, but to help prevent unauthorized access and ensure the security of your accounts, we will end your online session if we have detected no activity for 15 minutes. This is to protect you in case you accidentally leave your computer unattended after you login. When you return to your computer, you will be prompted to re-enter your password and your session will continue.
If you suspect that an unauthorized person has access to your password or believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use the service without your consent or has transferred funds without your permission, you must notify Farmers National Bank immediately. See Part VI of this Agreement for additional information relating to liability for unauthorized transactions and error resolutions.
Cyber criminals are hard at work every day looking for new ways to compromise a computer or hack an e-mail account. At Farmers National Bank, we work hard to protect the accounts of our customers by deploying the latest software, upgrading our technology and routinely testing procedures. There are a few additional steps you can take to further enhance the security of your own account and personal information on the computer that you use for online banking, shopping, and bill payments. When online:
- Visit reputable websites
- Don’t download programs or software from unknown sites
- Stay current with the most recent patches for your operating system and programs
- Install and update your antivirus and online security software on a regular basis. Some software allows you to schedule updates automatically
- Don’t open e-mail attachments from unknown senders
You may have a computer related issue if you
- Receive an alert from your antivirus software
- Notice changes in your computers performance or appearance
- Begin receiving large volumes of spam e-mail messages
- Notice higher than average internet usage
Computer attacks appear differently so be on the lookout for unusual computer behavior or emails that may indicate your system has been infected.
Mobile banking on your smartphone provides the convenience of on-line banking to you on the go. Our mobile banking app provides you with a flexible and feature-rich environment that allows the functionality of our traditional on-line banking environment. Our smart phones and tablets act as ultra-portable computers allowing us to conduct business without restricting us to a full-size computer. However, these devices which provide mobile productivity can also be impacted by the same attacks as our traditional desktop computer. Here are some helpful tips to help keep you safe while enjoying the freedom of mobile banking:
- Only install the official banking application form a known source such as the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Don’t open suspicious e-mail or attachments on your mobile device.
- Use caution when visiting an unknown site.
- Consider installing antivirus software for your mobile device.
- Only install applications from verified sources like the Apple Store of Google Play Store.
- Pay close attention to the permissions you are granting the application when it is installed.
- Use a passcode, PIN, or fingerprint to unlock your phone.